WolfQuest Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Memories

4 posters

Go down

Burnt Memories Empty Burnt Memories

Post  -Ratchet Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:04 pm

Burnt Memories

He cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds...

I decided to post my story here, so I can continue to post chapters up for those who read this story~

Main Character

- Kashtin

- 8 Months

- Brute/Male

- Kashtin is a dark ashy gray/black. He has ashy white markings that run through his base color. His eyes are an orangey amber.

- Kashtin is a very playful and happy wolf. Many think due to his dark pelt that he isn't the nicest, but Kashtin is very sweet. He loves to talk and to play with anyone he can, because he lost his family, he likes to follow adults around at times, or play with young wolves. Kashtin can be very brave and ferocious at times. Overall Kashtin is a very playful and kind yearling, with lots to learn, but can fight furiously.

Prologue

I remember the smoke that filled my fragile, small lungs. I remember coughing and whining, calling out to my parents. But they didn’t answer. Heat beat against my dark, ashy black coat, making me feel like I was on fire. That’s what threatened my life, fire. I wanted to sit down and pout, shout at everyone and tell them this wasn’t fair, and to come out. But this wasn’t a game at all. If I didn’t get out of there, I would die. I remember seeing the fear in my family’s eyes as fire washed them up, blocking them from my view. I remember seeing my sister leap forward, trying to get to me, and her howl of pain that faded. I didn’t know what was happening, I was just too young. I ran and ran, dodging flames that licked at my pelt. Finally I burst from the forest that was full of ash and flames, and the dying songs of my family…

--

Life was painful after that. I felt sick. I stayed around the dead forest, calling for my family, finally going into the forest itself to look for them. The only thing I found was small tuffs of fur and burnt bones. That’s when the truth hit me. They were dead, and I was alone. I remember laying there in the warm ash, whines escaping my muzzle, the ashes burning my skin, making me get up and leave. I carried one of the bones in my jaws, my not so sharp yearling teeth visible against the burnt bone. Once the forest was gone I laid in the grass, rolling in the dampness of it. I gnawed on the bone, making marks in it. Then the pain just hit me that I couldn’t even look at the bone, and that I had to leave it. I left the forest, I left the bone, and I left my home.

I traveled for days and weeks. Then that one simple week turned into a month. A month that scratched the insides of my stomach, making me growl and whimper as I tried to find something to eat, something more than just a small rabbit. There were no signs of others wolves, except for faint tracks that I found week from week. The biggest thing I managed to find was a fawn, and it was easy to sneak up on it and snap its neck. That’s what made me full for a few days, as I continued to catch rabbits and small rodents that hid in brambles. Then I was scared out of my wits as a large rumble came from the heavens. Then I saw flashes come from the distance, and a scent hit my nose. Rain. Another thunder storm was coming, and I had to leave quickly, before the lighting hit the dry trees.

--

Character Form

Code:
[b]Wolfquest Username:[/b]
[b]Wolf Name:[/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance (Physical Build, Fur color(s), eye color, ect): [/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Role (Friend, ect):[/b]
[b]Suggestions of what you want to happen to this character:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

I am NOT accepting any characters at the moment, though I will probably need two very soon!

Characters added by -Ratchet, Plot and literature (c) -Ratchet
-Ratchet
-Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Burnt Memories Empty Re: Burnt Memories

Post  Pancake Pwn Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:08 pm

I love the story so far -Ratchet, keep up the good work! =D
Pancake Pwn
Pancake Pwn

Back to top Go down

Post  -Ratchet Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Thank you very much Bone! 8D It's appreciated!
-Ratchet
-Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  Pancake Pwn Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:14 pm

No problem. I should start thinking of a character while your closed for them. ^^
Pancake Pwn
Pancake Pwn

Back to top Go down

Post  -Ratchet Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Pancake Pwn wrote:No problem. I should start thinking of a character while your closed for them. ^^

8D

Well you can comment on the topic on Wolfquest if you would like!

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=52005
-Ratchet
-Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  Pancake Pwn Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks for the link! =D
Pancake Pwn
Pancake Pwn

Back to top Go down

Post  -Ratchet Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:42 pm

No problem! Thank you for commenting!
-Ratchet
-Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  Pancake Pwn Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:21 am

No problem, I can't wait for more.
Pancake Pwn
Pancake Pwn

Back to top Go down

Post  -Ratchet Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Here is part one of Chapter One x3

Chapter One - Part One

The only thing on my mind was to run. Run and don’t look back. Everything seemed to rush past me, the trees, the grass, everything. Nothing seemed to matter anymore; the only thing that did matter was escaping this forest that would soon burn to the ground.

I soon came to a meadow. It was misty and I leaped forward, trying to catch my breath. I came to a sudden halt, my ears slowly swiveling forward, my head turning to look over my shoulder and look back the way I came. Thunder. It pounded the ground like ice cracking, and I was ready to bolt, until I realized that thunder stayed in the sky. Figures sprang out towards me, their pelts were a tan brown smeared with white. Deer. The stag’s heads were lifted with triumph, their nostrils flaring, and their eyes wide with fear. I watched them with amazement as they sprang past me, literally throwing themselves forward, grass and rocks flying from beneath their panicking legs. Time seemed to slow down; the deer merely glanced at me and continued on their panic stricken way, the winds picked up, but moved slowly, hitting me with such force my fur was blown back from my face, and body. I whispered three quiet words. “Take me home”.

--

“Kashtin! Let go of my tail!” My sister giggled, grinning at me. I let go and she fell backwards, making a ring of dust float up. She scrambled to her paws and leaped at me, making me land on my side. I let out a playful growl, taking her nose in my muzzle. She grinned and pushed me forward, making me trip. “Kashtin! Alexis!” My mother’s voice came from the other side of the clearing, and we raced each other to get to her. By the time we had arrived she was grinning and laughing.

My father, large and black, came up beside her, laughing. “You two still act like pups!” he said, nudging both of us gently. “But we still are pups daddy!” Alexis sang, getting to her paws. We came up to our parents shoulders; I was a bit taller than Alexis. Our mother shook her head, “You two are yearlings, no longer pups.” She said, trotting towards the forest.

Our ears perked up as she stood at the forest line, her ashy gray tail wagging back and forth. “Are we going into the forest?” Alexis asked, scrambling towards mother.

“Yes. But you two stick close to us, we don’t want you to get lost.” Father said, walking into the large pines. We raced after him, shoving each other to get ahead. Everything was so fascinating, so many smells, and so many things to see.

A rabbit darted out of the bushes, and I leaped at it, landing nose first in the dirt. I spat dust out and sneezed, glaring at Alexis as she collapsed with laughter.

“Oh you wouldn’t have caught it either!” I teased and she gave me a piercing look. I grinned with triumph.

“Come, we are going to the meadow.” Mother called, and we padded after them, our tongues hanging out of our mouths as dark clouds gathered along the horizon, flashes lighted the sky, unseen to our parents...

--

My eyes snapped open, a few stranglers from the herd of deer faded into the trees, and I was left alone, my coat was soaked, and my heart was beating so fast. Thunder rumbled loudly in the heavens, making me flinch. I turned and started to run into the forest after the deer, I had to get away, I had stayed too long.

My long strides were not as powerful as they should be. My legs trembled, my head was held low and my ears were pinned flat against my head, my tail between my trembling legs. “Stop running like a chicken and run like a wolf!” A strong voice whipped past me, along with a white blur. I froze in my tracks as a fae stood in front of me, her coat was pure white with some hues of silver here and there. She was breathing hard, and her eyes were narrowed, head high, staring right at me. “You either run like a chicken or get killed by this darn forest fire that’s coming, or you run like a wolf and escape.” She snapped. My eyes were dancing like flames, and my teeth exposed. My legs stopped trembling, my tail slashed this way and that, and my head was held high. “I’m not a chicken!” I howled with rage. She grinned with triumph. “Then show me.”

--

“Alexis, Kashtin! Stop fooling around or you will never see anything!” My father called to us for the fifth time, shaking his head with a small, hidden grin. Our pelts were dusty and messy from rolling around in the dirt and fooling around for the past hours. A loud boom came from the sky, and we tumbled to the ground, trembling all over. Our mother frowned and let out a sigh. “We have a storm coming, we’ll have to head back.”

“Aww, really, do we have to? It’s just a bit of rain!” Our eyes grew big and we sat down, pouting. Our father looked at the sky and let out a sigh. “I guess we could go a little further. But not very far.” Our father’s voice was stern and serious, and we nodded our heads.

As we walked further, the weather grew worse. We trembled from being soaked with rain and trembled out of plain fear. “Please! Can we please go back!” we whined, trembling. Our parents looked at us, fear in their eyes. “No, we have to keep going, hurry now!” Alexis stared at them, mouth open. Our mother nudged us and we broke into a run, all of us. I remember when smoke rose into the air, I remember the big thud of a large pine falling almost on top of us, burning with flames. We were terrified. Our parents had to nip us to wake us up from our fear, and we ran almost all night. The forest was too big, we were too deep.

Flame licked our pelts, embers bit at our paws, and smoke filled out vision and lungs. I remember seeing my parents and my sisters frightened eyes as the fire licked them up, blocking them from my view. I remember seeing my sister leap forward, and her dying cry that faded into the night. I had no family any more. They were dead.

--

Looks a lot longer on Microsoft word. >.<
-Ratchet
-Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  dustydawn Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:10 pm

OMG <33333 -Ratchet, dear, this is simply stunning.
So descriptive and ugh, I don't know. Honestly, I can't put my thoughts in words anymore.
When I read this, I was just like this smiley:
Shocked xD
Well, don't give up with this one. We all are waiting.

Can't wait for chapter 2~! Don't be rushing though. c:
dustydawn
dustydawn

Back to top Go down

Post  -Ratchet Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:13 pm

dustydawn wrote:
OMG <33333 -Ratchet, dear, this is simply stunning.
So descriptive and ugh, I don't know. Honestly, I can't put my thoughts in words anymore.
When I read this, I was just like this smiley:
Shocked xD
Well, don't give up with this one. We all are waiting.

Can't wait for chapter 2~! Don't be rushing though. c:

Aw thank you Dusty <3333333 This means so much! 8D I have Part two for Chapter one all planned out, I just have to write it now. xD

Hopefully I can start Chapter Two today!
-Ratchet
-Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  Pancake Pwn Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:00 pm

Murr. Slow reader. >.>
But I love it, all the description and.... and.... stuff. xD
Keep it up -Ratchet. I'm loving it so far.
Pancake Pwn
Pancake Pwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Winterwolf1 Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:21 am

Its fantastic Ratchet, I love everything about it x3. Eagerly waiting for chapter two :3
Winterwolf1
Winterwolf1

Back to top Go down

Post  -Ratchet Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Pancake Pwn wrote:Murr. Slow reader. >.>
But I love it, all the description and.... and.... stuff. xD
Keep it up -Ratchet. I'm loving it so far.

Thank you very much Bone! I didn't get time to finish Part Two for Chapter One, it was Canada Day yesterday, so we went to see fireworks. ^^

Winterwolf1 wrote:Its fantastic Ratchet, I love everything about it x3. Eagerly waiting for chapter two :3

Thank you so much Winter! 8D It means a lot!
-Ratchet
-Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  Pancake Pwn Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Thats fine -Rachet, take as long as you need to get your story up. =)
Pancake Pwn
Pancake Pwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum